To write any scientific work, even the smallest in volume, is not an easy task. And to arrange it correctly, in accordance with all the rules and requirements, is a doubly difficult task, since it is necessary to take into account many different nuances.
Essay formatting APA
Before you begin the design of an essay formatting APA, it is important to understand what this type of scientific writing includes.
- Content. Creating an essay text, it is worth remembering that the volume of the main part should not exceed 5-12 pages. Although its composition is free, it has a clear structure. The main task is to fully and accurately express our (new, unexpected, subjective) consideration on a specific issue based on the knowledge gained from scientific sources, not claiming to be the only correct interpretation of the subject matter.
- Structure. It is “classic” for all scientific works. In addition to the title page, plan and list of sources, includes an introduction, main part, conclusion.
- Style. Something intermediate between the scientific and the journalistic is an essayistic style. In it the main thing – figurative, aphoristic, spoken vocabulary is used and the corresponding intonation is given.
Essay formatting APA
There are numerous theoretical and methodological requirements regarding how the design of the essay should look right. The main ones are:
- recommended volume of 5-12 pages of printed text (main part);
- standardly for printout of work use “printer” A4 sheets; The work is framed in a Microsoft Word text editor with a font (it is used in all scientific materials) Times New Roman, size 14;
- text material should be aligned – in width, spacing – one and a half;
- indent for paragraph line 1.25 cm; page parameters (centimeters) – left margin – 3, right – 1, upper and lower – 2. Approximately 1800-2000 characters should be placed on the page along with spaces, or up to 30 lines;
- the title is made on its own model (this is a separate article on our website);
- headings constituting the work of the main parts (INTRODUCTION, CONCLUSION, LIST OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS, etc.) are written in capital letters, placed in the center of the line in the header, in bold. The names of sections of the main part shall be in lower case letters, boldface, from the beginning of the line without indentation; sequentially numbered. After any title point is not put;
- text indent from the title – 3 intervals down. Between two headers – 2 line spacing;
- Numbering should be aware of the following: Arabic numerals, pass-through, the first sheet is considered, but not indicated. Placed in the header on the center of the page. All tables and illustrations are also sequentially numbered.